A Virago Book Every Month #ViragoBooks

Just a few weeks ago I realized how much I love and enjoy books published by Virago. I even tweeted that I want to own all of their books. :) Later I decided to buy at least one Virago book every month, but only under the condition that I actually read at least one of their books every month. So here I go, this is my new challenge. There is a page called Virago Challenge where I'll link all reviews and other posts connected with it.

In September I'm reading The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. I'm halfway through and this book is great, but seriously creepy and very unsettling!






In a dusty post-war summer in rural Warwickshire, a doctor is called to a patient at Hundreds Hall. Home to the Ayres family for over two centuries, the Georgian house, once grand and handsome, is now in decline, its masonry crumbling, its gardens choked with weeds, the clock in its stable yard permanently fixed at twenty to nine. But are the Ayreses haunted by something more sinister than a dying way of life?
Little does Dr Faraday know how closely, and how terrifyingly, their story is about to become entwined with his. Prepare yourself. From this wonderful writer who continues to astonish us, now comes a chilling ghost story.

Let me know in case you want to join me! :)

2 comments:

Kristia said...

Good luck! Sounds great :)

DMS said...

This sounds creepy and fascinating. Glad you are enjoying it so much! :) Good luck with your challenge.
~Jess

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)