Showcase Sunday July - October

I was really trying not to buy many books over the last four months. I'm not sure whether I succeeded. :)


The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Limited Collector's Edition)
Heap House (Iremonger, #1) by Edward Carey
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll


Birthday present from my brother. :))


Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1) by Katie Finn
Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski - This one is signed! But I read the series in Czech translation, as it makes more sence, because he's a Polish author.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee



Some books in Czech translation, mostly Russian classics. I prefer to read any Slavic author in Czech translation rather than in English.
The Double by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov




Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
Among Others by Jo Walton
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes #1) by Colleen Gleason
The Spiritglass Charade (Stoker & Holmes #2) by Colleen Gleason 

What did you get? :)
 
 


2 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Yay for lots of gorgeous books :D Sigh. That edition of Fangirl is all kinds of amazing, isn't it? :) Loved the book too. Happy reading Petra :)

DMS said...

You did get a lot of books considering you were trying not to buy books. ;) I just reread To Kill a Mockingbird and I really want to read Fangirl. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)
~Jess

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)