Harry Potter Moment of the Week

Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a meme hosted by Leah at Uncorked Thoughts. The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/films/J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related!


This week's question: Favourite Harry Moment?

I have to repeat myself. But the moment in the third book, when Harry realizes it was him who casted the Patronus Charm, that's just my favourite moment. It's so sad, but beautiful. Very powerful, it always makes me cry. :)






"It was time for the rescuer to appear - but no one was coming to help this time -
And then it hit him - he understood. He hadn't seen his father - he had seen himself -
Harry flung himself out from behind the bush and pulled out his wand.
'EXPECTO PATRONUM!' he yelled."

 


4 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

Aaaah the chills I got from this scene, in the cinema especially! The dementors are just terrifying and Harry just stands up to them! Great choice! I chose less of a stand-out moment I think!
My Harry Moment
Juli @ Universe in Words

Jaclyn Canada said...

I love it! Very powerful moment for him to see that he had it in himself. I love that he shouted it :D I agree that seeing that part play out on the big screen was so much fun. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

Great moment! I was so happy for him, because he struggled so much but then did it under the toughest circumstances! :)
Great pick!

Lee @ Rally the Readers said...

This is one of my favorite moments from the entire series. It was truly a triumph for Harry to finally produce a Patronus; I especially love watching this scene in the film.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)