Showcase Sunday - May

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea.



I got all these amazing books during May. :)

Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough
The Roots of Romanticism by Isaiah Berlin
The Red Book: A Reader's Edition by C.G. Jung
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Jackie Morris
Healing Foods by Neal's Yard Remedies

I just noticed I forgot to include Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher, #1) by Kerry Greenwood. It's the first book in a huge series. There is actually even a TV series based on the books and it looks really good! It's set in the 20's, the most glamorous time of the 20th century! :)







Here is one beautiful illustration from East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Jackie Morris, there are many of them.









Stag Hunt by Laura DeLuca


NetGalley:



A Fatal Likeness by Lynn Shepherd



Blood From a Stone by Dolores Gordon-Smith


What did you get? :)

Petra

4 comments:

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

Lovely haul! So many gorgeous looking books. I never heard for majority of these so I will have to look them up now. :)

DMS said...

Lots of books! I haven't read any of them- but they look good. I love the illustration you shared from East of the Sun, West of the Moon. :)
~Jess

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits, and Tea said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the Phryne Fisher series - *whispers* I haven't even seen it before! I'll keep an eye on your blog for the review :)

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

I really want to see this TV series! They look amazing! Thank you for sharing, Petra! :) Also The Language of Flowers is a wonderful book, and I have Sarah Pinborough on my wishlist and will be interested in your opinion. Enjoy all! :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)