Donkeys, Sea, and Jung

No, I didn't abandon my blog. I was on a family holiday in Sardinia, because it was my father's birthday. Even though I'm not the "southern type" (I prefer cold to heat), I love visiting Mediterranean! So many (ancient) cultures meet there. And I'm lucky enough to live quite close.
Also, is there any better smell than the salty sea air mingling with the sweetness of blooming jasmine?

I took my laptop with me hoping I'll be able to write a review or any kind of post. But I failed miserably. I was busy doing other things. Like:

Enjoying the view!




Eating delicious food.


Talking with our neighbours and feeding them carrots. :)



Visiting unusually deserted Porto Cervo.


And did I mention the view?


 
I didn't even read much. I only got half way through Seduction by M.J. Rose, which I love so far.
What I did manage though was ordering six books! :) One of them is The Red Book by C.G. Jung, the paperback version, as hardback is very expensive. But I'll get it eventually as well.

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

C.G. Jung

5 comments:

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

Oh wow, amazing holiday! :D I love Mediterranean! IT helps that I live nearby and that we have a bit of it ourselves :D

Petra said...

@Ula
Haha, yeah, you live really close. Plus you've got beautiful countryside!

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

That we do! It's one of the rare things I like about my country. :)

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits, and Tea said...

My goodness, this place looks gorgeous and that view is just stunning! (Also, I love donkeys) Hope you had a nice time :)

DMS said...

It looks like you had a great time and got in some much needed relaxation. Love the view! :) Thanks for sharing the pictures.
~Jess

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)