Top Ten Tuesday

I haven't done a meme for a long time! Well except for the I-bought-books-even-though-I-should't ones. This week's question for Top Ten Tuesday is great:
Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

I decided to do a mixture of all genres, instead of focusing on only one.

1) Hamlet by William Shakespeare




Everyone calls it a play about revenge, I call it a play about desire, and as we all know desire can be pretty destructive sometimes. This play is so epic, so complex, so powerful. Every time I reread it, I find something new that I didn't notice before. It's a must read for everyone! :)

2) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Do I need to say anything? :)

3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

One of our dogs is called Darcy, that's how amazing this book is!

4) Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

It seems to me that this book often gets many negative comments, especially from young readers. I think it is because they expect it to be a moving novel about love, while this is a rather dark story of obsession. Love it!




5) Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is a devastating story, just thinking about it is giving me goosebumps. I recommend reading the version that is not in chronological order.

6) Stardust by Neil Gaiman

This is a love story par excellence! :)

7) Dracula by Bram Stoker

The best gothic novel ever!

 

8) Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis

Very witty and bitter-sweet novel.

9) Sally Lockhart series by Philip Pullman

I know everyone loves His Dark Materials series (which I still haven't read), but I believe Sally Lockhart is amazing, too!


10) Anything by Daphne du Maurier

I still haven't read Rebecca, but everything I've read by her so far was great.

I just realized that on every picture I chose for this post is an actor or actress from Harry Potter! :)

10 comments:

Zemira Djedović said...

I had no idea people still recommend classics, or should I say, haven't read them.

Never heard of Lucky Jim. Will have to check it out.

Hamlet was my favorite book in high school (with Steppenwolf and Master and Margarita).

Suzanne said...

Love Wuthering Heights and the film version with Ralph Fiennes! :)

Angelica @ Paperback Princess said...

Oooh lots of Classic goodness, I totally love Dracula!

My Top Ten.

Have a great week!

Annabelle said...

Wuthering Heights is so good!

My Top Ten Tuesday!

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

I just got Rebecca yesterday, hope I like it. And as for other classics, I have to read at least one, I haven't read any... -.-

Ciska van der Lans said...

I loved Rebecca it is on my list.
Your list scares me a bit thought because it holds some of my DNF's!

DMS said...

I am a huge HP fan and couldn't agree with you more about that one! I have read some of the books you put on the list- but I have some books to add to my list now, too! I am a big Neil Gaiman fan- and can't get enough of his writing. Thanks for sharing!
~Jess

Carina Olsen said...

Awesome list :D Only books I have read are the Harry Potter books (A) But yeah. Those are perfect. Sigh. Thank you for sharing your list :D Love it. <3

Jess Day said...

Hamlet is my favorite Shakespeare play. The characters are so moving! It definitely deserves its place at #1 on your list.

Petra said...

Thank you all for commenting! :)

@Jess Day
I'm glad you agree! :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)