Review: Spell Bound


 Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins




Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?


After enjoying and praising Hex Hall and Demonglass so much, I'm happy to say that Spell Bound is a great ending of a great series!

I enjoyed the fact the story was divided into three separate parts. With that also came three separate locations, which made it more interesting. I really liked the little touch of having a quote from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland at the beginning of each of the three parts. It kind of underlined the crazy feel the last book has. And when I say crazy, I don't mean funny crazy, I mean madness. And trust me, there is madness in many forms. Also, each quote sets the tone of each part of the book. I love little details like that, they make all the difference.
 
The last book in the trilogy has everything the previous two books have. Great main protagonist who is no lame damsel in distress, but who's also flawed and so a very believable character. And all the other characters are enjoyable and quite fleshed, too, There's loads of witty and funny dialogues. There is no boring moment in the whole book. Simply put, everything I said in my reviews of Hex Hall and Demonglass is true in Spellbound as well.  

I wish there were more paranormal YA books like Hex Hall trilogy. It shines brightly among the many mediocre YA books that are on the market now. I can't wait for the Hex Hall spin-off series!


Rating:

1 comment:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

You keep reminding me that I really need to start this series!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)