Review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs




Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself ... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.


There are legends among some of the Native American tribes about the skin-walkers. Skin-walkers are those who can shift into an animal whenever they want to. I love all mythology, folk-tales, and legends and the Native American ones I find especially interesting. So when I learned that the main character in this series, Mercedes Thompson, is a skin-walker, I had to read it. Only because of this, and how happy I was when I finished reading it, because the rest of the book was great as well! :)


In the wold of Mercy Thompson, some of the supernatural beings came out of the closet, but the werewolves still haven't. Mercy knows all about them, because she grew up with the most important pack in the North America. Now the Alpha of this pack, Bran, thinks it's time for the werewolves to let the world know they exist as well, and this of course leads to big trouble, as some of the werewolves don't agree. 


I loved Mercy, she is a kick-ass girl with degree in English who knows how to repair your car! But she is also very kind, caring, empathic, and has some interesting past. Other characters were enjoyable as well, very complex, which I always appreciate. 
There was no rushed romance, another thing that appreciate very much! And the two love interests, Adam and Samuel, were both adorable, though I like Sam a bit more. At least for now.


In Moon Called Patricia Briggs managed to create an intricate world full of interesting and complex characters, complicated relationships, and a story with a great plot. And this is just the first book, I can imagine that the second one is even better.


Rating:







4 comments:

Denise Z said...

I absolutely loved this book and continue to love the series. Mercy Thompson is my kinda gal :)

Petra said...

She's my kinda gal, too! ;)

Danielle B! said...

Your review made me want to read Moon Called even more! :D

Zemira Djedović said...

I need to read this series. My aunt got me River Marked last month.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)