Reviews: Whiteout & Hunting Kat

These two are only short-stories, so I thought I put them together in one post, as I won't write that much about them. Still they are absolutely worth mentioning!


Whiteout by Cambria Hebert


Lost in a world of white, I lay. Pain and cold were my only companions. How long would it take me to die? Would the cold freeze my heart and stop its beating?

A red plastic sled saved the day. A woman saved my life.

Unfortunately, saving my life might cost Grace her own. We get one day together, Christmas day, one day of bliss among misery. Too soon the tree is down and all that’s left of the cinnamon biscuits are crumbs.

The people who want me dead come back to see their task complete. I didn’t have a plan, but Grace did.

Never trust a woman with a shotgun.


I loved the beginning. It was kind of raw in a poetic way. That always works with me. There were some nice surprising moments, and it was slightly thriller-ish.
On one hand the romance seemed a little bit rushed, but on the other it felt actually right. I would definitely read more about these characters, they were likeable! The setting was perfect.


Rating:







Hunting Kat by Kelley Armstrong 


Kat is a sixteen-year-old vampire, and she's not too happy about it. After an experiment-gone-wrong and a bullet to the heart, she now hungers for human blood, and the worst part about that is the guilt. But guilt isn't the only thing stressing her. Kat is being hunted by the Edison Group, a dangerous Cabal that is responsible for her undead state. Kat is running out of places to hide, and she has no one to turn to—until she meets Chad and Neil. They're on the run like she is, and they offer to help Kat against their common enemy. But the boys aren't all that they seem, and for Kat, deciding whether to trust them may be a matter of life or death.


Set in the world of Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series, "Hunting Kat" will leave you on the edge of your seat and thirsting for more.


I don't know why it took me so long to discover Kelley Armstrong! Last year I read The Gathering and I was very excited about it. It was fun, the main character was more than likeable, there was wild nature, animals, Native American legends, just everything I like! I bought The Summoning and also Bitten, and I can't wait to read them, but first I'm going to read The Calling.
Anyways, "Hunting Kat" was an amazing short-story and a teaser for her series.  It only confirmed that Kelley Armstrong is a great writer who easily creates an interesting story with creepy atmosphere, and with characters that are fun, clever, and kick-ass.


Rating:





2 comments:

Ula said...

I have had Hunting Kat on my to-read list since forever, I should really read it :L

Petra said...

You should, it's great! :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)