Blog Tour Stop: The Hunted



The Hunted by Kristy Berridge

Elena Manory is by no means an ordinary teenage girl. Being born with the ability to heal herself from any injury, and with the knowledge that on her eighteenth birthday she will become a Vampire, Elena is aware that she is more than a little different from other girls her age.
It isn’t until she meets William Granville, an alluring and impossibly handsome vampire, that she begins to question her destiny and what secrets the Institute of Magical Intervention and her adopted family have withheld—secrets that could change the fates of not only her own life, but of the lives of all the immortals.
As events spiral out of control, William may be the only person Elena can place her trust in. He, and Elena’s magical family, must fight to save her, joining forces to defeat a common, deadly foe. For William, it is his chance to save the girl that he has searched eternity to find.





About the Author:

Blog  Twitter  Facebook
I was born in Perth, Western Australia in 1982, ushered into the world in a decade of bad hair, parachute pants, and blue eye shadow. Fortunately, I managed to avoid all three influences by immersing myself in the business of growing up, hitching a ride with my fun-loving, and adventure-filled parents to the sunny state of Queensland. Here I completed most of my education.
Besides learning that boys don’t have cooties, and that algebra wouldn’t kill me, I pointedly set the path of my high school career towards success in Art and English-based subjects, winning numerous awards for my efforts.
After high school I went on to study Graphic Design and Illustration at James Cook University, and then furthered my studies at the local TAFE college with an Interior Design course. With this practical knowledge under my belt, I also decided to undertake a three year Design course at Rhodec International in London, completing my education in the Interior Design industry.
I still live in sunny Cairns with my husband Navaro, who is my biggest support and a constant source of motivation to finish the next novel.

Guest Post: 


Let’s start this off nice and simple … hello. I’m Kristy Berridge, author of The Hunted and various other amazing books yet to be released as part of this series (wink wink). I am for lack of a better word, indecisive, a serious chocoholic (really, I have issues), and a massive techtard. I am petrified of cockroaches, I have a love-hate relationship with my treadmill, and I cry every single bloody time I watch The Notebook.
Apart from that, I adore writing. I never thought I’d say that coming from a designer background. I used to be all about wallpaper samples, paint, and soft furnishings. Now I’m all about the auto-correct, thesaurus, and track changes.
There is something very special about pressing the keys on your computer and watching words you’ve created appear on the screen, coming together to form a sentence, and before you know it, creating a paragraph of literary delight. The only limits are your imagination … and of course your bad grammar and spelling if this is an issue.
I personally started writing when I was still in school, short stories and bad, bad, bad poetry were in abundance. But time is transient and I didn’t see myself looking seriously at the written word again until five years ago. I was sitting in front of my computer, utterly filthy that Home Design shows on the television had robbed me of a constant income. Do-it-yourself renovations became all the craze and I was for lack of a better word, semi-redundant.
So I looked down at the keypad in front of me, I opened Microsoft word, and wrote two single words that stoked a fire deep within … Chapter One. My fingers never strayed far from the touch of the keys after that moment. And, with the support of a fantastic husband who doesn’t scream at me when I wake him up in the middle of the night to run through ‘ideas’, The Hunted gave birth to a further four books – The Damned, The Aligned, The Condemned and The Delivered.
So now that I have left the decorating world behind and embraced the literary world with both hands and a rabid imagination, I can’t see myself doing anything but describing the tantalising kiss of a vampire, the hot, fetid breath of an alpha werewolf, or describing the kaleidoscope of colourful possibilities open to the touch of magical users. And hopefully, The Hunted will inspire you, not only to read the rest of the series (because it’s totally awesome), but to embrace the possibility of growth and change, to never give up, to always inspire, and to accept responsibility for your actions.
Life and its possibilities are yours for the taking; all you have to do is want it.
And hopefully want my book …
So, I look forward to sharing this journey with you, uncovering more details in the series, and embracing all the literary world has to offer. Enjoy The Hunted Blog Tour!

Kristy :)

Kristy's design days

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)