Blog Tour Stop: The Mayfair Moon


The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski

After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.


My Review:

I hadn't read a paranormal YA book for a long time before I read The Mayfair Moon. So I was excited to read once again something like that. On the other hand I was afraid that my expectations were big and I'll be disappointed. Well, I definitely wasn't. This book is a great paranormal YA!

When it comes to YA books, I sometimes have problem to enjoy the romance part. In this case it was different, maybe because the whole relationship started slowly and it was more believable. There were some really lovely moments. And I'm sure the real YA romance lovers will be very happy. ;)

The main character, Adria, was likeable. She was no damsel in distress unable to do anything, she was quite strong and able to overcome her fears. Yet in some situations she was vulnerable. I liked that!

What I enjoyed very, very much was the fact that the author was able to create such a dark and eerie atmosphere, which was there all the time. You know the creepy, disturbing feeling that there is something very wrong, but you can't really put your finger on it. There were some great scary scenes.
Also, the way the werewolves were portrayed was great! Werewolves in The Mayfair Moon are no tamed dogs! :) And I'm very curious about the whole werewolves background story!
Oh and the ending was pretty good, and the last sentence made me shiver! :)



About the Author:

Twitter  Web

I'm a Contemporary Fantasy and YA writer - author of THE MAYFAIR MOON and DIRTY EDEN. I'm a mother, werewolf & zombie fanatic, book addict and a happy hermit obsessed with the Universe. Oh, and AMC's "The Walking Dead".

I started my first novel at the age of thirteen and have been writing something ever since. Generally, I love characters in life and on paper. I pay attention to people, especially those whose personalities make them different from the rest of us: the drug addict roaming the Laundromat that talks to himself, the young, inattentive mother in the park with the meanest kid on the playground - (the entire cast of 'Swamp People') - characters fascinate me and I hope that it shows in my literary work.

Some authors that inspire me are Neil Gaiman, Cormac McCarthy, David Moody, Philippa Gregory, Max Brooks, Anne Rice, J.K. Rowling, Richard Matheson, William R. Forstchen, Carrie Ryan, Stephenie Meyer and Lisa Smedman.

Also, almost more than anything I love nature and this beautiful planet that I live on. I just wish everyone else did too....

2 comments:

Lauren0025 said...

I agree with your review 100%!

I applaud J.A. Redmerski for letting the *main* relationship in the book progress at a decent pace so when the two finally confessed their love it was believable and acceptable.

Petra said...

Exactly, it felt just right. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)